Advance Auto Parts
What is a Retail Service Pro?
The Retail Service Pro will drive differentiation via service excellence.The Retail Service Pro will focus on interaction with the customer, providing and coordinating industry-leading customer experiences through service value proposition execution. Each Retail Service Pro must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the Commercial business profitably and with integrity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend services and solutions based on customer interaction, customer needs, parking lot automobile diagnosis and individualized automobile consultation
- Provide professional, courteous, and prompt customer service experience through benefit-selling processes and procedures
- Perform basic diagnostic tests and assist in training other Team Members in parts knowledge as needed
- Partner with GM, AGM and Store Team to ensure superior customer service engagement through
- enhancements and customer retention strategies; implement new customer experience methods, procedures, and service standards
- Establish and lead Team Member rewards and recognition program based on customer experience standards, results and experience deliverables
- Perform “third key carrier” responsibilities for the store as needed (must meet Key Carrier SOP requirements)
- Demonstrate an eagerness to be a team player and assist in other functions as assigned by the store management team, including, but not limited to: cleaning, organizing, stocking, operating POS equipment, truck loading/unloading, etc.
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Retail Service Pro
- Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
- Speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
- Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge Assessment
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Use Microsoft software effectively (Outlook, Word, Excel required)
- Ability to hold others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is inspiring
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Retail Service Pro up for Success
Minimum 3 years experience in automotive or retail customer service
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license
ASE Certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing.The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades.The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.