- Maintain the appropriate level of work activity according to work standards and establish work processes to ensure timely certification for eligibility programs.
- Retrieve and forward requested records and information, including medical records, insurance policy information, remittance advice, and itemized statements, to appropriate parties.
- Analyze, distribute, and follow-up on special requests and adjustments with hospital personnel.
- Maintain consistent proactive communication with the patient or patient representative throughout the eligibility process, keeping the patient informed of the account progress.
- Screen patients and/or patient representatives to determine potential eligibility for Third Party resources.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, case managers, social workers, and hospital business office staff on a daily basis to ensure questions are answered and issues are addressed.
- Educate patients and patient representatives of the eligibility requirements, application process, and verification requirements for applicable programs.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the patient and governmental agencies to ensure cooperation and compliance.
- Document pertinent patient information and all work activity in the appropriate systems dictated by company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accounts are processed in accordance to Eligibility Program standards, Client expectations, and all applicable federal and state regulations guidelines.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate or equivalent in relevant work experience desired.
- Previous healthcare coverage/eligibility experience preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Office environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Walking is required
We provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morgantown, WV (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.